Amazing Medical Facts of the Body – Part 2
Then which of the favours of your Sustainer will you deny? (Surah Rahman)
Glory and Praise belongs to ALLAH.
- There are more living organisms on the skin of a single human being than there are human beings on the surface of the earth.
- From the age of thirty, humans gradually begin to shrink in size.
- Your body contains enough iron to make a spike strong enough to hold your weight.
- The surface area of a human lung is equal to that of a tennis court.
- Most people have lost fifty per cent of their taste buds by the time they reach the age of sixty.
- The amount of carbon in the human body is enough to fill about 9,000 ‘lead’ pencils.
- One square inch of human skin contains 625 sweat glands.
- When you blush, your stomach lining also reddens.
- The human body has less muscles in it than a caterpillar.
- If you could save all the times your eyes blink in one life time and use them all at once you would see blackness for 1.2 years!
- The life span of a taste bud is ten days.
- It’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- Give a tennis ball a good, hard squeeze. You’re using about the same amount of force your heart uses to pump blood out to the body.
- The aorta, the largest artery in the body, is almost the diameter of a garden hose.
- Capillaries, on the other hand, are so small that it takes ten of them to equal the thickness of a human hair.
- Your body has about 5.6 liters (6 quarts) of blood. This 5.6 liters of blood circulates through the body three times every minute.
- The heart pumps about 1 million barrels of blood during an average lifetime–that’s enough to fill more than 3 super tankers.
- Babies start dreaming even before they’re born.
- The human body can function without a brain.
- Humans are the only primates that don’t have pigment in the palms of their hands.
- 10% of human dry weight comes from bacteria.
- There is more bacteria in your mouth than the human population of the United States and Canada combined .
- Every square inch of the human body has an average of 32 million bacteria on it.
- A fetus acquires fingerprints at the age of three months
- You sit on the biggest muscle in your body, the gluteus maximus a.k.a. the butt. Each of the two cheeky muscles tips the scales at about two pounds (not including the overlying fat layer).
- The tiniest muscle, the stapedius of the middle ear , is just one-fifth of an inch long.
- The average human head weighs about 10 pounds.
- The average human brain weighs three pounds.
- The DNA helix measures 80 billionths of an inch wide.
- Your eyeballs are three and a half percent salt.
- Head lice actually prefer to live on clean heads, not on dirty ones.
- It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body.
- An average human drinks about 16,000 gallons of water in a lifetime.
- Beards are the fastest growing hairs on the human body. If the average man never trimmed his beard, it would grow to nearly 30 feet long in his lifetime.
- Humans shed about 600,000 particles of skin every hour – about 1.5 pounds a year. By 70 years of age, an average person will have lost 105 pounds of skin.
- It only takes 7lbs of pressure to rip your ear off.
- When you sneeze, all your bodily functions stop – even your heart.
- Human teeth are almost as hard as rocks.
“Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, there are indeed signs for men of understanding. Those who remember Allâh (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying): “Our Sustainer! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire”. [Qur’an 3:190-191]
“Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect. And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colors. Verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge. And among His Signs is the sleepthat you take by night and by day, and your seeking of His Bounty. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who listen. And among His Signs is that He shows you the lightning, by way of fear and hope, and He sends down water (rain) from the sky, and therewith revives the earth after its death. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who understand”. [Qur’an 30:12-24]
“Do they not look at the camels, how they are created? And at the heaven, how it is raised? And at the mountains, how they are rooted (and fixed firm)? And at the earth, how it is spread out? So remind them (O Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him)), you are only a one who reminds”. (Qur’an 88:17-21)
Source: Amazing Medical Facts of the Body