Amazing Medical Facts of the Body – Part 1
Then which of the favours of your Sustainer will you deny? (Surah Rahman)
Glory and Praise belongs to ALLAH.
- The average red blood cell lives for 120 days.
- There are 2.5 trillion (give or take) of red blood cells in your body at any moment. To maintain this number, about two and a half million new ones need to be produced every second by your bone marrow.That’s like a new population of the city of Toronto every second.
- Considering all the tissues and cells in your body, 25 million new cells are being produced each second. That’s a little less than the population of Canada – every second !
- A red blood cell can circumnavigate your body in under 20 seconds.
- Nerve Impulses travel at over 400 km/hr (25 mi/hr).
- A sneeze generates a wind of 166 km/hr (100 mi/hr), and a cough moves out at 100 km/hr (60 mi/hr).
- Our heart beats around 100,00 times every day.
- Our blood is on a 60,000-mile journey.
- Our eyes can distinguish up to one million colour surfaces and take in more information than the largest telescope known to man.
- Our lungs inhale over two million litres of air every day, without even thinking. They are large enough to cover a tennis court.
- We give birth to 100 billion red cells every day.
- When we touch something, we send a message to our brain at 124 mph
- We exercise at least 30 muscles when we smile.
- We are about 70 percent water.
- We make one litre of saliva a day.
- Our nose is our personal air-conditioning system: it warms cold air, cools hot air and filters impurities.
- In one square inch of our hand we have nine feet of blood vessels, 600 pain sensors, 9000 nerve endings, 36 heat sensors and 75 pressure sensors.
- We have copper, zinc, cobalt, calcium, manganese, phosphates, nickel and silicon in our bodies.
- It is believed that the main purpose of eyebrows is to keep sweat out of the eyes.
- A person can expect to breathe in about 40 pounds of dust over his/her lifetime.
“Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, there are indeed signs for men of understanding. Those who remember Allâh (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying): “Our Sustainer! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire”. [Qur’an 3:190-191]
“Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect. And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colors. Verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge. And among His Signs is the sleepthat you take by night and by day, and your seeking of His Bounty. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who listen. And among His Signs is that He shows you the lightning, by way of fear and hope, and He sends down water (rain) from the sky, and therewith revives the earth after its death. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who understand”. [Qur’an 30:12-24]
“Do they not look at the camels, how they are created? And at the heaven, how it is raised? And at the mountains, how they are rooted (and fixed firm)? And at the earth, how it is spread out? So remind them (O Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him)), you are only a one who reminds”. (Qur’an 88:17-21)
Source: Amazing Medical Facts of the Body