One day, in the year 1928, my son with tears in his eyes said: ?I do not want to remain a Christian any longer; I want to be a Muslim; and you, too, my mother, should join this new faith with me.' That was the first time I felt that I had to link myself with Islam. Years passed before I came in contact with the Imam of the Berlin Mosque, who introduced me to Islam. I came to recognize that Islam was the true religion for me. Belief in the Trinity of the Christian faith was impossible for me even at my young age of twenty. After studying Islam I also rejected confession, the holiness and recognition of the supereme power of the Pope, baptism, etc., and thus I became a Muslim.
My ancestors were all sincere believers and pious persons. I was brought up in a convent and hence I inherited a religious attitude towards life. This demanded that I should associate myself with one religious system or the other. I was indeed very fortunate and comforted as I decided to join the religion of Islam.
Today I am a very happy grandmother, because I can claim that even my grandchild is a born Muslim.
"God guides whom He pleases to the right path."
From "Islam, Our Choice"
- Beauty And The East - How Sara Bokker Found Islam - 10/07/2011 12:20
- My Husband's Faithfulness Led Me to Islam - 04/12/2007 13:30
- Noor - UK/Hindu - 26/07/2007 07:25
- Maryam Jameelah (Formerly Margaret Marcus) - USA/Jew - Well-known writer - 26/07/2007 07:17
- Jenni Rauhala (Sumaiyah) - Finland/Christian - 26/07/2007 07:14
- Noor - UK/Hindu - 26/07/2007 07:25 - Read 419 times
- Akifah Baxter - USA/Christian background - 19/07/2007 06:22 - Read 364 times
- Maryam Jameelah (Formerly Margaret Marcus) - USA/Jew - Well-known writer - 26/07/2007 07:17 - Read 568 times
- Beauty And The East - How Sara Bokker Found Islam - 10/07/2011 12:20 - Read 964 times
- My Husband's Faithfulness Led Me to Islam - 04/12/2007 13:30 - Read 1058 times