A young couple moved into a new neighbourhood. The next morning whilst eating breakfast, the young woman sees her neighbour hanging the wash outside.
"That laundry is not very clean", she said. "She doesn't know how to wash correctly. Perhaps she needs better laundry soap." Her husband looked on, but remained silent. Every time her neighbour would hang her wash to dry, the young woman would make the same comments.
About one month later, the woman was surprised to see a nice clean wash on the line and said to her husband: "Look, she has learned how to wash correctly. I wonder who taught her this." The husband said, "I got up early this morning and cleaned our windows."
And so it is with life. What we see when watching others depends on the purity of the window through which we look. Easy to discuss other people, their lives and things that really doesn’t even concern us - and we tend to forget – our window isn't that clean after all !!
- The Red Heart - 07/02/2012 17:40 - Read 399 times
- The Parable of the Pencil - 01/07/2007 15:04 - Read 245 times
- Story of the Blocked Cave - 02/07/2007 10:19 - Read 255 times
- Prepare for Tomorrow Before its Too Late - 25/06/2007 12:04 - Read 291 times
- Top Ten Team Building Quotes - 17/09/2012 05:11 - Read 500 times