To Download: Right click and choose "SAVE LINK AS"
Abu Ibrahim Sa'ud ibn Ibrahim ibn Muhammad ash-Shuraim An-Najdi Ph.d is one of the Imams of the Grand Masjid (Masjid al-Haram) in Makkah. His family is from the Haraqees of the Banu Zayd tribe of Saudi Arabia. He studied elementary at Areen schools, then the middle school at the Modern schools then high school at Al Yarmouk North. During last years of his secondary school he became a hafiz of the Quran. He graduated from his high school in 1983, then went to college of `Usool ud Din` at Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University in Riyadh, in the "Aqeedah and Modern Madhahib" division, from where he graduated in 1988. Then he went on in 1989 to the "Ma'had Al-'aali Lilqadhah" institute and received a Masters degree in 1992.
Sheikh Shuraim was employed as a teacher in "Ma'had Al-'aali Lilqadhah" in 1989. In 1991, he was made Imam and Khateeb of Masjid al-Haram by the order of Custodian of the Two Holy Harams, King Fahad bin AbdulAzeez Al-Saud. In 1992, by Royal order, he was appointed judge in the High court of Makkah. In 1993, the High approval was made for him to teach in the Holy Masjid. In 1995, he pursued the Doctorate degree in the Umm al-Qura University of Makkah. He has since been serving as a professor at the Umm al-Qura University in Makkah. In recent years he has been the dean of the faculty of "Shari'ah and Islamic Studies". In June 2010, he was promoted from the rank of "Professor" to the rank of "Specialist Professor in Fiqh" by the president of the university Dr. Bakri bin Mat'ooq.
Sheikh Shuraim is known for his deep voice and smooth recitation style when reading from the Quran. He is considered a cousin of Sheikh Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais as their tribes are related to each other.
Honors and Appointments
- 1989 - Employed as a professor at Ma'had Al-'aali Lilqadhah Institute
- 1991 - Made Imam and Khateeb of the Holy Mosque by King Fahd bin Abd al-Azeez al-Saud.
- 1992 - Appointed judge in the High court of Makkah.
- 1993 - Approved to teach in the Holy Mosque in Makkah (al-Masjid al-Haram)
- 1995 - Pursued a Doctorate degree in Umm Al-Qura University
- 2010 - Promoted to Specialist Professor as Dean of the Faculty of Sharia and Islamic studies Umm Al-Qura University
- 2011 - Comissioned as Dean of the Faculty of Judicial Studies and Regulations Umm Al-Qura University
Sheikh Shuraim is Imam and Khateeb of Masjid-al-Haram, a researcher in fiqh, a judge and a poet. He has travelled to many countries. He is a writer and has written many books on aqeedah, fiqh, and Arabic poetry. He was married in 1992 and he has 2 sons and 1 daughter.
Sheikh Shuraim has been reciting the Taraweeh prayers in Makkah since 1991 during Ramadan alongside Sheikh Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais.