Etiquette with Visitors
The best action of Islam is to feed (the poor).
- Rasullullah sallAllâhu alayhi wasallam has said: “The person who has faith in Allâh and in the hereafter, it is necessary for him to be polite to his guests.” (Bukhari)
- One remains a guest for three days, thereafter it is sadaqah. (The host must entertain his guest for three days. More than that whatever entertainment is made, will be regarded as sadaqah).
- One should entertain ones guest with special food for one day and one night. (Bukhari)
- A guest should not remain at the place of the host for such a long time that would either incovenience or disgust him.
- Whoever is invited and does not accept has disobeyed Allâh and His Rasul sallallahu alayhi wasallam.
- Whoever enters (a house) without invitation (for meals), enters as a burglar and departs as a bandit. (Abû Dawûd)