Etiquette of Resting and Sleeping
- Before going to sleep, dust the bed. (Bukhari)
- Sleep in a state of wudhu, lying on the right side. (Bukhari)
- Do not sleep, lying on the back with one leg resting on the other. (Muslim)
- Allah does not like a person who sleeps on the stomach. (Tirmidhi)
- Do not sleep on such a roof which has no means of protection on the sides. (Tirmidhi)
- It was the practice of Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam to rest in the afternoon.
- Recite BISMILLAH while closing (locking) the doors.
- Cover all food and drink. If nothing is found to cover these, then place a stick on the top. (Bukhari)
- At the time of sleeping always extinguish all fires, as it is your enemy. (Bukhari, Muslim)