Etiquette of Dressing
- Eat, drink, give sadaqah (charity) and dress, but do not spoil it with extravagance and pride. (Musnad Ahmad)
- It is permissible for the women of my Ummat to wear gold and silk, but this is strictly forbidden for the men of my Ummat. (Tirmidhi)
- Whoever wear clothes of pride in this world, Allâh Ta’âla will dress him with clothes of shame on the Day of Qiyâmah.
- When wearing clothes and when performing wudhu, begin with the right side first.
- A man should not wear woman’s clothing, nor a woman man’s clothing, for Allâh’s curse descends on such people.
- When putting on shoes, begin by placing the right foot into the right shoe first.
- When removing the shoes, remove the left shoe first. (Bukhari)
- Do not walk whilst wearing one shoe only, either wear both or remove both.